Monday, June 11, 2012

Come, sit on my porch awhile~

Some people say the kitchen is the heart of the home... not true at my house at least in the warm seasons. Our front porch is where we gather to chit-chat, sip a cold drink, take a catnap, we entertain friends... especially those friends allergic to the cats inside... we read books together and even browse the internet.  We laugh, we cry... we have heart to hearts on the swing.  It was my mom's favorite place to sit.   You may already know what my porch looks like; here some porches that have inspired me to make our porch the heart of our home. 

I love this Porch Rules sign... I need to get me one. 

Even a small porch can be inviting to take a break on the stoop. 

Red is my favorite color on a porch; it's warm and inviting.  A great pop of color to be seen from the road. 

This is a sweet cozy porch... what a great place for a summer nap! 

This white and pink theme is just sweet. 

Nice, bold checker floor. 


Of course no porch is complete without a lovely wreath for the door welcoming in visitors! 

Shabby chic porch. 

Cute little touches and a comfy place to sit. 

I love the coffee table! Makes it feel like part of the home. And the rustic lantern collection is amazing! 

I've been wanting to paint the ceiling on my porch blue for some time now. 
There are a few thoughts on blue ceilings for porches. One is that is detours birds from nesting; thinking that it's open sky. Another that I love is; it's Haint Blue... a haint is a spirit or a ghost, and in Charleston, many people also paint the trim on their houses blue to ward off evil spirits. Other theories also exist. Some say blue helps extend daylight as dusk begins to fall, and many, believe that it helps keep bugs away.  I'd be into keep those evil spirits and bugs at bay! 
And if you know me well... you know I just have to decorate for the seasons! 
This lovely fall porch with it's very interesting wreath... copies of old family photos perhaps! 

Yule season... 
I just want to go inside these doors to see what's on the other side! 

Now I think I'll go read a book on the porch and finish my cup of coffee.  Enjoy your porches everyone! 

~~~ 



No comments:

Post a Comment