Monday, June 11, 2012

Happy Camper...

 I use to NOT be a happy camper... 
I'm was too uptight about things; you know... campy things. 



This is our backyard camping; our new tent. 

This is not ours... but I do make it cute and homey when we camp. 

Wishing for one of these vintage lovelies someday. 

Wow... now that's camp cooking! 

Even Snoopy and Woodstock loves a good marshmallow roast.

Here's what's on my wish list for future camping: 
a good old Dutch Oven! 
There's a blog just for dutch oven cooking! 

How romantic...No kids allowed!

Of course, it wouldn't be a complete camping trip without a little canoeing. 

My idea of a perfect campsite!

Campfire cupcakes. 

Throw a little sage into the campfire for a delightful smell and to smudge away those pesky spirits. 


What a cute little hand-knitted anthropomorphic campfire! 

Okay, 
Here's one of those "campy things" I was a little uptight about. 

and these guys; cute as they may be...
 they're pretty freakin' scary when they are trying to get into your tent and 3 am. 
I'm just sayin. 

Happy Camping this summer! 
~~~

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could like camping... I really do. The idea of it is so lovely. But then I think about my back and the bugs and having to go potty in the woods somewhere and being covered with camping yuck because there are no high pressure showers and then all I want to do is find someplace with a king sized bed, in-room fireplace, room service and soaking tub. Sometimes we rent a cottage in the woods -- the best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tara, I'm pretty much the same way. That's why I'm thinking I'd fair better in a camper, than a tent. It does have it's good moments... I actually enjoying cooking around the campfire; brings out the pioneer in me I guess:) And I do love nature; just not at 3am!
    We are cottage renters too... even that, is roughing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete