Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ice Cream Dreams...

We eat a lot of ice cream around here... french vanilla seems to be the flavor of choice. 
 With vanilla you can make so many different ice cream treats.  
Like our family's favorite; Root beer floats. 

Yum. 

 Drool... Raspberry Ice Cream layered shakes. 

 Coffee Milkshake... Hey, 
I could have one of these for my morning pick-me up! 
Okay, maybe not a good choice. 
Ingredients
  • 1 cup cold-brewed coffee (see recipe below for instructions, or use strong brewed coffee that has been well chilled.)
  • 4 giant scoops vanilla ice cream
  • 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup plus extra for drizzling
  • whipped cream
Instructions

Blend the coffee, vanilla ice cream and 1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup together in a blender until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, you can add a couple splashes of milk to loosen it up. If it is too thin, add a little more ice cream and pulse to smooth out.

Pour the milkshake into one very large or two medium sized glasses.
Top with a very generous head of whipped cream and drizzle with additional chocolate syrup.
Serve immediately.


~~~

Or how about a nice slice of Strawberry Ice Cream Pie? 




Hoot Hoot I Scream.
Oh... the imagination of people! 

The earth. 
I wonder what it taste like.


Here's my next adventure in the kitchen... making homemade Ice Cream.


I'm thinking the no-churning kind of Ice Cream. 
This is vanilla bean. 

Oh the flavors one could create! 
Cinnamon stick. 
This is just an adorable way to serve your homemade treat. 

No Churn Blueberry Cheesecake! 

Strawberry, sweet and simple. 
Have you ever made ice cream?  What about those electric ice cream makers?  

1 comment:

  1. When the kiddo was little we used to make "kick the can" ice cream. It was fun and surprisingly good. Jeff came home with an ice cream maker a short while later but we don't really use it; maybe kicking the can was just as fun as eating the goodies? About a month ago I bought myself a Ninja system. Now I make thick, cool smoothies almost every day: mango banana, strawberry, chocolate almond butter. I think I'm going to try watermelon one of these days. The kid makes hers with vanilla ice cream and cake mix. Makes my teeth hurt just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete