Sunday, July 22, 2012

Michigan Love...

Inspritation... 

Our up-coming vacation to the thumb area. 
Lexington, Michigan on Lake Huron. 

If you've never been to Michigan and you get the chance... you should come! 
It's really an amazing state.  Here's a small glimpse of some of Michigan's beauty. 

Pictured Rocks in the Upper Peninsula.
Been here. 

Lovely farm land.

 Big Sable Point Lighthouse, Lake Michigan.





Beach grass... Sleeping Bear Dunes, Lake Michigan
Been here. 

Sunset... Lake Michigan side. 

Mitten necklace. 

Grand Haven, Michigan, this is where my family vacation every year when I was a kid. 


 Tahquamenon Falls State Park in the U.P. I've been here several times. 
Always in the fall! 


 Frankfort North Breakwater Lighthouse.

Tannery Falls, Munising Michigan
I've been here too.

Turnip Rock, Lake Huron
We'll be visiting here on our vacation this year, hoping the boys agree to kayak around this!  


 Spray Falls, Pictured Rocks

That's right it's; "pop" 

Yay for Vernors! 



I think these Michigan caps are sweet! 

Vintage seeds.

I love living in Michigan... you should come visit me sometime. 

4 comments:

  1. I would love to come visit one of these days! I can't believe that second photo of Picture Rocks!!! Really amazing! I had no idea Michigan was so beautiful! What an amazing place to grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Michigan! As a child, my family vacationed near Mackinac for many summers. My sister had a huge collection of Pestokey stones -- I thought they were so cool. We've been to Sleeping Bear Dunes too and almost went to the Pictured Rocks, but ran out of time. I love the UP, it's so peaceful there. (The shirt made me smile. I dated a guy from New York who always made fun of me for saying pop.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,
    We have spent years vacation in different areas of Michigan and we still have so many incredible places to visit yet. Michigan is wonderful in the summer and fall... winter; ehh.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Tara,
    Oh sad you missed out on Pictured Rocks. We need to go sometime, the boys have never seen it. The U.P. feels like an entirely different place than the lower peninsula. It really is so peaceful. I remember one night up there; trying to fall asleep and thinking "There's no sound, no sound at all!" It was a bit unsettling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't believe with all your vintage in your life you don't call it "Soda Pop"...smiles! we call it pop on the west coast, but rick calls is soda on the east coast...so funny. maybe we should just call it bubbly drink...oh wait that means something else in our house...giggle!

    ReplyDelete